Things for you and your family to do and know about to help you with your wellbeing
You Tube. Exercise at home with local guru Louise Sinclair. Bite Size Exercise
Warnings about COVID Scams
Hertfordshire Age UK Concerns
Dear Watch Member,
Age UK Hertfordshire have seen a pattern in a number of calls coming into them from their clients regarding the following two issues:
- Someone is posing as a Hertfordshire Age UK staff member over the phone, stating that their clients have outstanding bills, and they are requesting payment/card details over the phone, to pay these bills.
- Someone is posing as a Hertfordshire Age UK staff member over the phone, saying that they can help their clients with shopping, but they need their bank details in order to help them.
Please remember that Hertfordshire Age UK would NEVER ask for bank payment details over the phone for shopping. If our clients do receive such requests we have told them to be wary and to contact our Information and Advice Team if they need us on 0300 345 3446.
If you need to reply regarding this message, tap on this email address: email@example.com
Watch Liaison Officer
Scam alerts from our KCRT Facebook Site. Go to our Facebook site
There are many 𝐂𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐝-𝟏𝟗 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐬 happening at the moment. Scammers are after your money, your log in details and your email address/password and to infect your computer with a virus. Here is some advice (Source BBC).
Do Not Respond to Emails Using these Themes:
- Cures… there are no current cures for Covid-19
- Gov.uk.. HMRC… The Government is not sending out emails offering tax refunds.
- Testing kits. No kits for home use have been authorised by the NHS.
- WHO (The World Health Organisation) does not send emails to individuals.
- The CDC ( Centre for Disease Control in America) has not said that Covid-19 is airborne.
- Bitcoin and money donations: .”To Help the Fight” Only donate to organisations you know and certainly not by using Bitcoin.
- Fake adverts for hand sanitiser and face masks.
- Drinking too much alcohol.. It reduces your immune systems effectiveness
- Fake advice. The following have no effect on Covid-19. Eating a lot of Garlic, taking Chlorine Dioxide (basically Bleach) or other “Magic Minerals”, Home made hand sanitiser made with Vodka, Vodka is 40% alcohol, 70% is needed to kill Covid-19, ingesting drinkable silver, drinking water every 15 mins, Covid-19 hits the lungs when you breathe you cannot “wash away” Covid-19), avoiding ice cream, Anti-malaria drugs, Anti-viral misting sprays, fake anti-viral drugs from online pharmacies, sunbathing and gargling with salt water, ALL FAKE
What does work: Hand washing, staying at home, and social distancing.