Shops, Services & Organisations
We know times are hard so if you want to contact Stevenage Food Bank online then CLICK HERE. Stevenage Food Bank : call them 9-5 pm Monday to Friday: 01438-242452.
Citizens Advice are also there to help for Food Bank Services and other help. Call 03444-111444 10-4pm Monday to Friday.
- Raja Tandoori is starting takeaways (only) from Monday 27 April
- The Fish and Chip shop is open Wednesday – Saturday (only) 12-2pm and 5-8.30pm. Telephone orders for collection on 01438 811761
SHOPS OPEN (as of 4 April)
- Village News (813569) – Newspaper delivery continues
- Knebworth Store, (01438-220663) -Stockens Green
- Trussells (812304) – you can phone your order in advance and collect later. Observe the ‘in’ and ‘out’ signs on the doors. Open 7AM – 3PM Mon-Sat.
- CO-OP – seems to be restocked regularly. Operating a ‘1 in, 1 out’ policy, with queuing outside as needed.
- Post Office
- Jackson’s Garage
- Village Wines – from 1PM every day, different closing times.
- Burgess – phone 0800 174220
- Austin’s – phone 812365
- Lloyds Pharmacy
- Triographics – working ‘as required’ but email firstname.lastname@example.org
- JMI School – for children of ‘Key Workers’ only (as defined by government advice). Parents can email the school directly email@example.com with any queries.
CLOSED (as of 4 April)
- Dentists – although I’ve been told : “Bupa Dental Care Knebworth are closed for face to face but are offering telephone advice service”
- Lytton Arms – The sale of vegetables outside the pub is also suspended.
- Simmons Bakery
- Station Pub
- Coasters and Café Verro
- Hairdressers and Nail Bars
- Ming Che Chinese takeaway
- Raja restaurant
- Fish & Chip shop
- Mather Marshall
- Country Properties
- William Hill
- Rainbow Cleaners
- Knebworth Library
- Monread Lodge – closed to non-urgent visits
SERVICES & ORGANISATIONS
- GP Surgery – Update seen on Facebook from Knebworth Surgery Practice Manager: “People are contacting us to chase up letters, medical reports etc. In many cases these need to be completed by their GP and at the moment these are taking longer than expected to prepare due to the extreme workload for our doctors. Please do not contact the surgery to chase these up unless it is extremely urgent. The doctors are doing their best but these will take considerably longer to complete. Remember if you are self-isolating and your employer requires a medical certificate then you should use the NHS111 web site to request this. Your GP will not produce one for you”.
- Trinity, St Martin’s, St Mary’s & St Thomas More Churches – all closed. Messages from each church will appear on the KCRT website and future newsletters.
- Link Up Lunch Club – suspended
- Garden waste bins and food waste caddies collections – suspended
- Stevenage Recycling Centre – closed
- Weekly Landfill and Recycling collections – operating, but don’t forget to wipe the bin lids with sanitizing gel (if you have it) and wash your hands after the bins have been emptied
- Wine Society, Stevenage – closed and no orders being taken ☹
- From the Knebworth Park website: “Knebworth House, Park & Gardens will now be closed in compliance with government directive”. Public footpaths are still open, although on 4 April the access gate on the entrance leading to St Mary’s church from Old Knebworth lane was seen to be locked. Dogs MUST be on a lead as the herd of deer in the Park includes pregnant females.
- Vanstone Park garden centre. Closed but offering home delivery. Please use the following link as a guide for items currently in stock. https://www.vanstoneparkgardencentre.co.uk email your orders including full address & phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Watton at Stone Nurseries wattonnursery.comwill deliver Email – email@example.com