Beetroot brownies recipe
If you fancy a guilt-free tasty snack these beetroot chocolate brownies are perfect. They are low in sugar and rich in protein. They are also great to make with your little ones.
Flour can be hard to find lately but this recipe calls for ground almonds instead of flour. Eggs are currently available from Trussells Butchers and the corner shop in Stockens Green.
Makes approx. 10
- 250g dark chocolate
- 60g coconut oil
- 100g ground almonds
- 150g pre-cooked beetroot
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut butter together (I do this in the microwave).
- Blend the eggs with the cooked beetroot in a blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender and blend until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greaseproof lined tray bake tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Caroline Farrell is a qualified and registered Nutritionist living in Knebworth (www.essential-nutrition.co.uk). Caroline spent six years working for the Premier League Clubs Fulham and Watford FC and runs private clinics online providing bespoke meal plans to support a range of areas such as weight loss, digestive health, immunity and child health. You can also follow Caroline on Instagram @carolinefarrellnutrition for more tips and recipes.